Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mexico

I suppose this has turned into destination 'month' instead of 'week.'  Sorry!  I didn't realize how hectic last week was going to get.

I know that in my last blog the destinations I wrote about are absolutely stunning...but they may not be so affordable for most.  So I want to encourage the budget savvy bride to look into Mexico.  Mexico has some incredibly beautiful locations and the prices are an absolute bargain.  When choosing a destination, it is my personal opinion that it is best to choose an all inclusive resort because you will get the biggest bang for your buck.  Many all inclusives will offer special deals on wedding packages if you book a 5 day stay with them.  Just remember to always always ALWAYS check reviews before booking your stay/wedding.  A good website with tons of reviews is http://www.tripadvisor.com/  Also remember that when you are booking a resort in a country like Mexico, you want to always do a 4 or 5 star resort.  If you are nervous about booking online, just go to a local travel agent and be sure to give them your criteria and ask them to recommend places that have been a big hit amongst their clients.  To get you started, here are some cool places I found at great prices :)

The Royal Playa del Carmen & Cancun

The Royal Playa del Carmen is a four star all inclusive resort that boasts the 2010 Traveler's Choice Award (Trip Advisor).  The rates are great and their wedding packages give you tons of options. 

Playa Fiesta - Puerto Vallarta

I was really excited when I found Playa Fiesta.  The reviews on this place are all great and it looks like such a nice place.  They have tons of info for weddings and you can get anything from fireworks to live music.  This is a must see if you are considering a wedding in Mexico.  The only negative I have found with this place is it's availability.  It looks pretty well booked for 2010.  I would suggest calling and seeing when their next availablity is.

Dreams Resort and Spa - Huatulco

I wanted to include a resort located in Huatulco.  Huatulco is a lesser known resort town on the Pacific side of Mexico, and for this reason you can often get quite a deal.  Check this place out for a sure bet on a beautiful wedding. 

Be sure to check back soon for more on destination weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment